Thursday, February 2, 2012

Penance

At this point, I am not on schedule to hit goal by my anniversary next week. While I'm disappointed, I did it to myself. My plan was that I needed to lose 1.8lb in two weeks, or .9lb each week. At weigh-in on Monday I was up .8lb. If I want to hit goal this Monday, I would need to lose 2.6lbs in one week. That's a lot of weight.

Here is what I am accountable for last week:

Since I weigh-in on Monday evenings, I eat less during the day and then have a larger dinner. Since I was down so much I treated us to dinner with gyros. I love gyros. I figured I have a week to work it off, no big deal. We sometimes will do this on Mondays. Although I didn't plan for the rest of my week. Thursday night, my friend came over to watch American Idol like we typically would do. I normally make dinner for us but she wanted to treat us to pizza since we always provide dinner. Then on Sunday, we had my family's annual Fish Fry dinner with my uncle's home craft beers. Had I planned properly, I would have not participated Monday or Thursday evening in the meals and had something different. Secondly, the workout program that I use on the PlayStation comes with sensors that you wear on both arms and one around the leg. The leg sensor stopped working and because I was upset about that I didn't change my workouts to anything else. When one sensor doesn't work you can't perform the workouts because it can't properly gauge your moves. Makes sense. However, it's been beautiful, unseasonably warm weather and I could have ran outside. I was being stubborn.

Last week is over. It's a new week.

I've taken advantage of the fitness center at my school. 4th period I have a plan period and I've been getting into the fitness center and running on the treadmill. Monday I ran a mile and a half on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the elliptical, Tuesday I ran a 5k in just over 30 minutes, Wednesday I ran on the treadmill for 25 minutes and did about 5 minutes on a bike and today I ran another 5k in 29:51. My 6th graders have gym 4th period so they have been cheering me on and running near me. It's really cute! I have been nearly perfect with tracking this week and staying within my DPT each day. I have been making good choices both physically and mentally this week.

Friday is my last day at the school I'm currently subbing at. Some of the ladies I work with and I are going out after school Friday for some drinks. I am prepared for that. I had plans to meet a friend Thursday evening as well but I didn't want to be in the situation two nights in a row, so I've rescheduled Thursday night for next week. Saturday is a very busy day - I was offered a new Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday mornings at 8am in LaGrange. I'm excited to be in a new meeting and meet new people - I'm also glad that it's at 8am and I need to be up by 6am - since this will keep me in check on Friday nights. This Saturday after the meeting, we are heading out to Pingree Grove for a good friends son's 2nd birthday party. This particular friend is always very conscious when I come over and makes WW friendly things. Do I expect this to be the case at her son's party...no...however, I do know her father has done WW and she is aware and tries to cook in a healthy way. Sunday, I work in the afternoon before the Super Bowl game. Afterwards, we are heading to the neighbors house for Super Bowl. She has already told me that she's making a bunch of junk and I'm not sure I'm going to have time to make something healthy to bring - but I am going to plan on eating before hand and not eat there. Since I weigh-in on Monday morning now that I won't be working for a while, I want to have the best possible weight loss, even if it isn't the 2.6 lbs I need to hit goal.

I'm ready to go back to a flexible schedule for a while. I'm off steady work until April when I take over another long term substitute position at the high school. When I have a flexible schedule I eat later in the day and am not as hungry come dinner, unlike now when I eat breakfast at 6:30am and lunch at 11:15am.

In a way, for the sake of this blog, I'm happy I had a set-back this week. You don't hear about the set-backs as often as the successes. However, I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. I give into temptation. Just like you. Now that I've made those mistakes I am accountable for them and have to work extra hard this week. I know that if I had stayed on track last week I wouldn't have to work so darn hard this week. That puts things into perspective for the weeks ahead. It's not worth the pizza overload or extra drinks to have to work out so hard and eat so perfect. Everything in moderation, right? Well, last week I had EVERYTHING in moderation! Now I pay my penance this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment