Monday, February 20, 2012

Simply...Spectacular!

Last week, I conducted an experiment of trying the Simply Filling technique for 7 days. I was nervous - afraid I might gain because I wasn't to track and weigh all my food, which I've been doing for 2 years now, however, to switch things up, I gave it a try. 


Check out the progress report...




I lost 3.8 pounds in one week! I weighed in this morning at 126.2 lbs from my 130.0 last week! I have 1.2 lbs left until I hit my personal goal of 125. So I am going to continue the Simply Filling technique this week. 


Looking back at last week you can see that I tracked on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Those days I had foods that were not "Power Foods" and I had 49 weekly points plus values to use for non-power foods.   In fact, I exceeded the 49 by 17 and I still lost 3.8 lbs. Unbelievable! 


As far as the food health guidelines go - I got liquids, daily and fruit/veggie every day. I'm out of my multivitamin and haven't pick up another bottle yet, so I didn't get that in. There is no excuse not to get in my 2 tsp. of EVOO everyday because although it's not a "power food", I don't have to track up to 2 tsp. of a healthy oil. Sometimes it just skips my mind. 


Exercising - I haven't been tracking anything other than when I run outdoors. Last week, I was able to handle the chill twice. Wednesday, I when for a 1.98 mile run (21:53) and Friday, I went for a 3.5 mile run (36:29) for 8 activity points plus values. 


A lot of people have been interested in what I ate all week because I had mentioned that it was a lot of food and so strange not to track these items! So - here was my weekly menu!


Monday Feb. 13th
Day 1


Breakfast:
Coffee, black, no sugar
1 Hard-boiled egg
1 Weight Watchers Maple Oatmeal
8 oz. of Skim Milk

Lunch:
Weight Watchers Creme Brulee Smoothie with Strawberries - 1 small clementine

Dinner:

Venison roast - Brussel Sprouts - Sm. Sweet Potato

Dessert:
Tall glass of skim milk - Strawberries w/Splenda



Tuesday Feb. 14th
Day 2


Breakfast: 
Coffee, black, no sugar - 3 poached eggs - 3 slices of Pepperidge Farm light style wheat toast

Lunch: 

Bag of steamed edamame - clementine

Dinner: 

Barilla Whole Grain pasta with green peppers, tomatoes, half chicken breast, & EVOO

Snack/Desserts: 

half chicken breast, Starbucks Skinny Caramel Macchiato (SIMPLY FILLING!!!!!), Strawberries & Splenda. 


Wednesday Feb 15th
Day 3


Breakfast: 
Coffee, black, no sugar - 3 eggs - 3 slices of Pepperidge Farm Light Wheat Bread - Banana

Lunch: 
Leftover whole grain penne with chicken breast, green peppers, tomato and EVOO

Dinner: 
Bowl of Chicken enchiladas soup (I counted as 6p+)

Other/Snack:
2 beers (Counted as 10p+), strawberries with splenda, 3 clementines


Thursday Feb 16th
Day 4

Breakfast:
Banana - Clementine - Coffee, black, no sugar -  Hard-boiled egg

Lunch: 
Steamed edamame - WW yogurt

Dinner:
Venison sandwich (triple decker y'all!): 3 pieces of pepperidge farm light wheat bread, onion, tomato, venison, 1 tbsp light miracle whip (1p+) , vension, 1 small sweet potato

Other: Starbucks grande skinny caramel macchiato


Friday Feb 17th
Day 5

Breakfast:
Coffee, black, no sugar - 2 bananas - 16 oz fat free milk - 2 sm. clementines

Lunch:
3 slices Pepperidge Farm Light Style Wheat bread - 3 eggs - WW yogurt

Dinner: I met my aunt for happy hour/dinner Friday evening...we went to two places.
@Kona Grill - Edamame, 2 glasses of red wine that I counted as 16.5 oz (I'm sure it was less but I'd rather over track than under) for 14 p+
@Redstone - Spinach Salad with grapes & apples, dressing on the side (barely used) and 2 Blue Moons for 11 p+

Saturday Feb 18th
Day 6

Breakfast:
Coffee, black, no sugar - 1 banana - WW Oatmeal - WW smoothie

Lunch:
Steamed Lima Beans - Poached Chicken Breast - Activia light FF yogurt

Dinner: Went to a Mardi Gras party @6pm
Crab legs - 2 crab cakes for 5p+
27 p+ worth of alcohol

Sunday Feb 19th
Day 7

Breakfast:
3 sm. clementines - 2 eggs - 2 slices of Pepperidge Farm Light Style Wheat bread - WW Oatmeal

Lunch: 
Steamed Lima Beans (big breakfast, wasn't too hungry for lunch)

Dinner:
2 sm grilled sweet potatoes - grilled asparagus - grilled chicken breast

So what do you think? That's a lot of food to eat and lose 3.8 lbs in one week, isn't it!? I'm sure you can't blame me for doing it again this week. Also, we've only plan on Saturday so I won't drink as much as I did between Friday and Saturday and it's suppose to be nice this week so hopefully I'll get out running more!


Meanwhile - here is a photo of me at the Mardi Gras party!

I'm looking forward to this next week and hitting my goal, finally. Maybe if I get really good at Simply Filling I can try for 120 lbs...?? 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous job! I have tried Simply Filling several times without success, but I love knowing that it's there as an option when I need it. I'm so happy your experiment was a success!

    ReplyDelete