Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Poundage

My two year anniversary is February 8th, which is a Wednesday. I weigh-in on Monday's, so by February 6th I have 1.8 pounds to lose if I want to hit goal on my anniversary. I have two weeks. These last two weeks I lost exactly 1.0 lb each. One whole pound is quite a lot to lose at my current weigh in just one week. In order to hit my goal by the date I want, I've got to average a .9lb loss these next two weeks. Not quite a whole pound.

I don't doubt that I can do it. However, the only hesitation I have is that it is still quite a bit of weight to lose in one week - almost an entire pound. At 126.8 lbs, one pound is a lot. So what do I have to do to reach my goal of 1.8lb in two weeks?

Exercise. Duh.

I have really been utilizing my EA Sports Active game for the PS3. It has me on a 9 week program where I have 4 days on and 3 days off. This has proven to be working for me since I've shed 2 whole pounds in 2 weeks.

My schedule right now if a bit hectic in the beginning of the week so the 4 days on, 3 days off is perfect.

Since I weigh-in on Monday evenings, my pre-weigh in "ritual" consists of little food during the day and no liquids after 3pm. I have enough time to flush out any liquid I intake during the day before 7pm. We all have our weigh-in rituals. That is what works for me. Since I eat less than normal for breakfast and lunch and don't drink water after 3pm, I don't workout on Monday.

Tuesday's are my busiest day. I work from 7:15-3:00pm and then I lead my WW meeting at 6:30pm. I have thought about working out in the school fitness room in between 3:00-4:30pm, however, I'd have to shower and get ready for my meeting anyway - so since I've been working I don't workout on Tuesday. I don't get home from my meeting until 8:30pm, and by that time I eat dinner and head to bed.

Wednesday after school I get home and wind down for about 30 minutes or so before we head to my in-laws for dinner.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are my PRIME TIME for workouts. I find that this works best for me. Since the weekend is the time I would typically use my extra weekly PointsPlus values, the vigorous exercise pairs nicely.

Last week I had nearly perfect days as far as eating on plan went. Wednesday night was the only night I went a little over what I normally would eat. I made a promise to myself that I would not slide down throughout the rest of the week - which sometimes is the case. With the weekends freeing up now that the holidays are winding down, they are easier to manage.

Ironically, yesterday I started having jaw pains. After a little research and chatting with others, we think it's a possiblity that I have TMJ. I have a pain that starts in my left cheekbone and goes to my left ear and then runs down my face. I cannot open my mouth entirely or chew properly without excruciating pains. Last night while I was eating broccoli, I must have opened too wide and a horrible feeling came across my face that immediately made me break down in tears, it hurt that bad. This morning it was very tender, it seems to have eased up a little now but still very sore. It was a difficult task to eat lunch without wincing with every bite.

Perhaps this will help me with my poundage this week...? I certainly won't be eating as quickly as I typically do, thus becoming full quicker...? Also, for dessert I usually will snack on frozen WW mini bars that are a bit chocolatey or caramel flavored - I can't imagine they will be easy to chew.

Changing the topic...

...I have a lot of activities planned for this spring/summer.

First up - March 25th - Shamrock Shuffle 8k.
Next - June 16th - Warrior Dash
July 21st - Great Urban Race
Finally - November 22nd, my New Year's Resolution - Half Marathon Turkey Trot

I am really looking forward to participating in these events and I welcome anyone to join me!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Your focus is awesome.

    My hub and I are doing Warrior Dash in May in Georgia. We liked it so much last year we're going back for seconds!

    ReplyDelete