Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bustin' Through

Finally, after months of battling a plateau, I've lost over 60 lbs. Last night at my weigh-in, I was shocked to see 126.2lbs after weighing in last week at 131lbs. I lost 4.8lbs. It was amazing. I've officially lost 61.8lbs total and now I am contemplating changing my goal weight from 120lbs to 118lbs for a solid total of 70lbs. I will have to get some updated pictures. We have been having camera trouble lately, but I'll work on that. 


One thing that I have changed is my working out. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I rarely worked out throughout this whole process. 90% of my weight loss has come from changing my eating habits. Now that I am thin, I want to be toned. The only way to tone is to workout. At first, I became obsessive over working out for long periods at a time. I worked out for 2 weeks straight anywhere from 60-120 minutes a day. Both weeks, I gained on the scale. So I thought I'd take a week off. I tried that for about two days and started to feel soft and squishy so I changed my workout habit to a little bit everyday.


Now, using Fit in Six for PlayStation 3w/Move (also available on Wii), I work out everyday from anywhere to 30-60 minutes, depending on what muscle group I am working on and the intensity. I feel great and I saw a huge loss on the scale.

This workout focuses on 6 basic elements: Cardio, Balance, Upper Body Strength, Lower Body Strength, Core Strength and Flexibility. Every workout is broken down into each of these elements.
"Fit in Six workouts are individually tailored, and can be expanded through a wide range of included and downloadable workouts, keeping you involved and motivated. The workouts have been developed by experienced fitness professionals, to ensure that every move is performed precisely and effectively. You will always know you are on track thanks to clearly explained verbal and visual responses, combined with synchronized animations and music to the beat – you can even use your own tunes. Observe and track your progress with fun and motivating statistics. "


I love that I can track my statistics. It tracks every workout, what elements I did, how long I did the workout and any goals I reached. Today, I worked on Lower Body Strength and Core Strength. I reached the fitness goal that was set for me and tomorrow I will start my goal that focuses on Flexibility and Upper Body Strength. It takes sometimes just one day to reach a goal or other times, two or three days, depending on the intensity you are at. The longer you do the program the harder it is to reach goals as your goals are increased.



I love the Pilates workouts. Flexibility is a big goal of mine. You can see in the bottom left hand corner, there is a countdown clock. That is a feature I love. It helps me keep going when I'm getting tired. Whereas, I may quit otherwise, having the clock allows me to tell myself  "Okay, only 10 more minutes, I can do this!"


  
I do a TON of kickboxing. It's my favorite form of cardio since working out with this program. It really helps with my balance when performing kicks and learning how to Jab and Uppercut really has helped ton my arms.


At any rate - I thought I would write a little on how my workout habits have evolved since losing weight. I absolutely love working out to this program. Even if I choose to run outside for my cardio exercise, I'll come in and work on some flexibility exercised with this. It's really versatile and I high recommend it. I've posted the game trailer so you can see it in real time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment