Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

A lot of people I've talked to in the days leading up to Valentine's Day, who are always watching their waistline, refer to Valentine's Day as the Valentine's Day Massacre...of their waistline. First off, it's only one day...have a few chocolates! Why not!? Luckily, I don't really enjoy chocolate much and my husband knows not to buy me candy. I'm just not a sweets eater. 
But don't get me wrong, I'm definitely splurging a little tonight. It just so happens that Valentine's Day also falls on my weight-in day, so we typically don't eat dinner until after I get back from my meeting which is around 7:45pm. If you know us, you know that is really late for dinner. We typically eat dinner between 5-5:30pm. During the day, it's become my habit that I don't eat as much as I would, call it scale superstition.  So Monday nights we get to eat a little larger meal than we would any other day. Since it's Valentine's Day and 7:45pm is much too late to go out for dinner (considering I'm in bed by 9pm), we have decided to get a Take N' Bake pizza from Papa Murphy's. They are having a Valentine's Day special on heart shaped pepperoni pizzas. We will also enjoy a bottle of wine. Do I expect to go over my daily points? Absolutely. I'm entirely okay with that too. I may just bump up my activity this week to make up for some of my points. 
So don't deprive yourself of the chocolate or whatever it is you look forward to on Valentine's Day. Treat yourself! One day of a little indulgence is not going to make you a failure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment