Monday, February 21, 2011

Hard Work Pays Off

About two weeks ago my Weight Watcher leader, Jennifer, posted on Facebook a link to fill out an application to be in the next Weight Watchers commercial. Naturally, if you know me, I filled it out right away. I've always loved being in front of the camera, ever since I was little.

I didn't think much of it. Really, I just filled it out, told my story of my successes and setbacks and when they received my online application they emailed asking for my documentation (weigh-ins). Right away I went to the library and made copies and set it right over.

This morning, as I was waiting in the Starbucks drive-thru (Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte, please!), my cell phone rang. I answered, although typically wouldn't when it's clearly an out-of-state number, and the nice lady on the other end stated she was from Weight Watchers. In my head I thought, "NO WAY!"

So, here is the deal:

This week, Weight Watchers will set up a time and place for me to go do a preliminary web conference/interview. If I "pass" this preliminary, I go on to a second interview with the Producer I believe, next week. Assuming I "pass" that interview, Weight Watchers will fly me out to L.A. March 6th-12th for filming. There is still a chance then, that I may not end up on TV but on the editing room floor. However, I will still be paid about $550 per day while I'm there filming. According to the nice lady on the phone, IF I do get aired, that's where the "boo-coo bucks" come in.

Honestly, just the experience of doing this is enough. I have worked so hard in the past year and I know I deserve this. Please keep me in your prayers and your thoughts. I hate to be so excited for this and it not go through to the end, however, I do keep in mind that I have obviously done something right to have them look so closely at me for their commercial.

It's taken a long time to get here. But it was definitely worth the hard work and time I've put in.

4 comments:

  1. KC THAT IS AWESOME I HOPE I WILL DO THIS TOO!

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job KC......I wish you all the luck in the world....you look awesome.....
    =) Angie (ww)

    ReplyDelete