Monday, August 1, 2011

A Typical Day in Food

I've been asked a few times, mainly by those who are not on Weight Watchers, to show what a typical day in food looks like for me. These non-WW members have a hard time seeing food as points plus like I do.

So, here is a day in the life of a 29 plus point Weight Watcher...

Breakfast...

Most importantly, I start with coffee. I <3 coffee. I usually have one or two cups of black coffee. No cream and no sugar, making this 0 points plus! Great start to my day!

Then, on this particular day I made two poached eggs (4), one Pepperidge Farm Deli Flat with "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray (2), fresh strawberries and blueberries (0) and an ice cold glass of Smart Balance Milk (3). 9 points plus in all. 20 points plus left for the day!

That high protein breakfast kept me really full and satisfied until lunch. So for lunch I had one Hebrew National 97% FF Hot Dog (1), Chicago-style (all the veggies and mustard = 0) on a regular hot dog bun (4) with a crunchy Cheddar Twist side (3). 8 points plus for lunch, 12 to go!














I always can count on fresh fruits to stave off hunger pang in between meals. They are 0 points plus so it's a GREAT option! Still 12 to go!




Finally for dinner, I enjoyed 3 cheese ravioli's (6) with 1/4 cup vodka sauce (2), one piece of Lite Texas Toast Garlic Bread (3) and a side of Green Giant Just For One Broccoli and Cheese (1). 12 points plus! Perfect!





As for dessert, I go back to the fresh fruit but with a little something extra on top. Fat Free Cool Whip! Just a spoonful is enough to dip your berries and not cost any points plus.

So, there you have it. 29 points plus in a day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm always surprised how much bread we can fit in. It's such a no-no food on "diets" but there's no reason for it to be if you control it and track it.

    Everything looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try the vodka sauce. Can you forward me that recipes? By the way I am doing awesome so far. Loosing a little to much fast, but I think I can slow it down. I have lost 9lbs in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vodka sauce was store bought, Bertolli I think. 9lb in 2 weeks is great! I lost just over 6lbs in my first two weeks but that's because I gained my first week! EEK! It will slow down...take the 9lb! Haha. Great job Heather, I'm so proud of u!

    ReplyDelete