Monday, July 25, 2011

I Can Always Rely on Monday

I love Monday. It's the start of a fresh week.

This is good when it comes to staying on track. Whatever mishaps were last week stay in last week. And believe me when I say last week had plenty of mishaps. Today when I woke up it was a clean slate.

The past few weekends have been non-stop action. Friday through Sunday; parties, BBQs, friends visiting, etc. This weekend we have no plans. None. This feels amazing. I, and the scale, will appreciate this come NEXT Monday at my weigh-in. However, the next month following this calm weekend, is booked solid. I need to better prepare myself for this.

I like being able to leave the previous week in the past. It really helps me, mentally, when it comes to my weight loss efforts. I don't dwell on everything I ate and drank yesterday because yesterday was last week. And today was great.

Meanwhile, here is a picture of my husband and I from last week, enjoying the 110 degree weather in his parent's pool.

Hopefully next week I'll be able to blog about a good weight loss and getting back to my lowest weight, which I'm about 5lbs from.

Oh, and this post about Monday reminds me of something I came up with about a month ago to one of my friends who was having a really crappy Monday. I said to her, "The best thing about Monday is that it only lasts 24 hours and doesn't come back for 72 hours more."

1 comment:

  1. I love Mondays too because that's when my points reset for the week! :)

    I know what you mean about needing to be better prepared. Summertime is so great for fun activities but it does mean more work for us to feed ourselves right and it's nice to have a weekend off to just relax and regroup and detoxify. I hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete