Monday, May 2, 2011

Back to Basics

As I talked about in my last post, I was experiencing my first plateau in about 14 months. What a bummer! My remedy for such a plateau...back to basics. And it absolutely worked.

Last week at my Monday weigh-in, I was down 3.6 lbs. At 132 lbs, that is almost unheard of. It all came down to "jump starting" my body again. I never was one to work out regularly. I had been giving a very generous gift of 10 workouts with a personal trainer and I haven't learned how to balance working out vigorously with eating more. I know I need to eat more, the more I work out. So that may have been one reason I wasn't losing. Also, as I mentioned in the prior post, I began getting cocky.

So, my goal for that week was to go back to everything I was taught in the beginning. To act like it was my first week as a Weight Watcher member. That meant for me, tracking honestly, eating only my daily 29 plus point values and working out less (sounds crazy).

That "Back to Basic" method may not work for everyone, but if you are at a struggle with your loss right now, I challenge you to go back to whatever your "Basic" was. Look back at your old trackers, what did you do differently when you were losing a constant weight? Have you slacked on your working out and need to work out more? Are you eating less or eating more?

We all are going to struggle at some point and it is really frustrating, no doubt. But the most important thing is to assess why it is happening and change it.

2 comments:

  1. Great advice! I'm also a huge advocate of mixing it up... if you do the same thing every week, throw your body some curve balls occasionally so that it tricks your metabolism! I'm so happy to hear that you broke your plateau :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You definitely become use to the regular routine. I love to mix things up. I'm glad you are following! Welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete