Saturday, April 9, 2011

Since the Very Beginning

Since I started my weight loss journey and have been attending meetings, one of my long-term goals was to eventually become a Weight Watcher Leader. My leaders, I have two because I alternate between the morning/evening meeting depending on if we have school that day or not, are so enthusiastic about there leadership role and I never had a doubt in my mind that I wanted to follow in their footsteps. I was a born leader, rarely ever a follower. It only makes sense that I would want to lead people to their weight loss goals. 




On Wednesday I had an interview with Weight Watchers, for whatever position they had open for me, getting my foot in the door was most important to me. Friday I received a call and was offered a Leadership position. I am so overjoyed to begin the next chapter of my weight loss journey. Although I still have 13 lbs to lose, because I am in my healthy weight range I am able to take on this Leadership role. There is quite a bit of training that is involved, including mentoring with a current Leader and an two day overnight training conference.

I have heard that maintaining your weight loss is the most difficult part. Harder than even losing the weight. A lot of member, after achieving Lifetime status, stop coming to meetings and stop tracking their food. At that point, I feel you have turned Weight Watchers into a diet and not a lifestyle. I was scared I may eventually take that path, once I am Lifetime, having the "know-it-all" attitude. This Leadership role I've been given will assure that I will maintain my weight and stay on track with this new lifestyle. That to me, is priceless.

I must say, I haven't had a paying job since December 2008, by our own choice. I am lucky enough to have a husband that supports me finishing school and getting my degree so I may choose a career that I want and won't have to settle for. Without him, I would still be working full time while attending junior college part time, not to mention, probably over 200 lbs by now. I owe him everything. His support through out marriage thus far has been second to none. I'm not looking at my Weight Watchers Leadership role as a job, at all. I've wanted to do this for a long time and I feel I have taken on this role with many people in my life, outside of the meeting room. However, being employed again feels amazing and that I can contribute more towards our financial life makes me feel fantastic. I know that the best way I can repay my husband for the break he has given me is to be the best Leader I can be, help many people become successful and maintain my own goals and aspirations as not only a Weight Watcher Leader, but also as a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment