Friday, November 18, 2011

Because time has been getting away!

Next week is Thanksgiving, already?! Goodness gracious, where has this year gone? At any rate, I am here, blogging, which I've been trying to do at least once every two weeks. Since I started working full-time this week, I've barely had much time on my hands (I'm not complaining, trust me).

I haven't ran in two weeks. I am slightly okay with this because I had to transition into a brand new schedule and get things figured out. On the flip side of that, because I'm on a strict schedule now, I'm planning meals much further in advance that I was when I had a lot of time on my hands. Not to mention, at my last weigh-in, I lost an entire pound in one week which I haven't done in month. Typically it's between .2-.8 of a pound. So I'm okay with this. In lieu of running as much as I was, I've been increasing the amount of push-ups, squats and ab work throughout the day. I have traded out a normal chair at work for a yoga ball and although I am standing more than sitting throughout the day, while I am sitting I am engaging my core.

I am loving this opportunity to be back on a schedule. When I wasn't working, I was able to just do as I please and I would workout whenever, eat whenever, do housework whenever...etc. Being back on a schedule is fantastic. I'm up at 5:30am, shower and get ready for school, eat breakfast and then relax until it's time to leave for school at 6:45am. On Monday, I get home around 3:45pm and relax until I leave for my Weight Watchers meeting which begins at 7:00pm, then come home and we eat dinner together. On Tuesday, after school I work my Weight Watcher meeting and get home around 8:30pm. Tuesday is a really long day, but I love both of my jobs so it's pretty painless. Wednesday, by the time I get home it's time to head to my in-laws for dinner. I really look forward to Thursday. I have absolutely nothing to do after school.

Hunting season began in Illinois today. I was up at 2:30am, sending Kristian off with snacks and sandwiches to keep him going all day. Decided to stay up and get the laundry done, paid some bills, and blog - this way I won't have many chores to keep up with over the weekend. It's 4:17am and I've still got over an hour before my alarm goes off. Kristian will hunt today, tomorrow and Sunday all day. Then next weekend he heads up to Michigan for his regular deer camp season and finally, the first week of December is second season Illinois, which he was lucky and won the lottery they do for hunting in Illinois. He is very excited. Our stock of venison is just about out and it's time to replenish.

The holidays are rapidly approaching. Regarding weight loss, I do believe I can lose over the holiday season (Halloween-Valentine's Day), like I did last year. The holidays are not a problem for me. I choose to eat as I want on actual day (making conscious decisions) but I don't eat leftovers. I think a lot of people gain over the holiday season because there is always so much food leftover and it's continuous throughout the next few months. The holidays are tough. Knowing I lost weight last year during this time is comforting and assuring I can do it again. I'm a short five pounds from my goal.

For a little holiday humor...








No comments:

Post a Comment