Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Perfect Weather For a Run




Had a good week last week. Lost .5lb from the week before. The weekend was a little crazy, and I used up the rest of my weekly PointsPlus values. But hey, that's what they are there for, right? With football season rapidly approaching, Sunday will be full of goodness! My Good Health Guidelines look pretty fulfilled, with the exception of essential oils. I'm finding it difficult to regularly get in 2 tsp of olive oil. I don't cook with it often, I suppose I should start. I worked out every day except Wednesday which I took as a day off to rest my muscles. Everyday last week I worked out with my Fit in Six for the PS3, a workout "game" that I've raved about before. 

Path through the forest preserve 

Lake behind city hall


This week so far, Monday and Tuesday I've worked out with my "game" and this morning I went for a nice 3.27 mile run through my town. I live near city hall and there is a nice lake behind it with a track that stretches around the lake and through a forest preserve. It was a perfect 53 degrees and no wind this morning so while my husband snuggled up with the pups this cool morning, I threw on my running shoes and sprinted out the door. It took me about 41 minutes to complete which is longer than normal, however, I stopped to take a few pictures and enjoy the scenery. It won't be long before the leaves are all on the ground, covered with snow.

Next week my husband will be out of town. He leaves Saturday and returns Friday possibly. This will either make or break me next week. I tend to go one way or the other when he is out of town - I'm either perfect because I don't have to cook really so I make just enough for myself and it's nothing spectacular, whereas, when he is home I cook a big dinner every night. Or, I make so many plans with friends I haven't seen in a while that I end up meeting up with girlfriends almost every night of the week for dinner and/or drinks. We'll see how this goes. Right now I'm focused on having a perfect week. Tomorrow I may take off of working out to left my muscles recover, but then again I said I was going to take today off. I always feel guilty when I'm on a workout streak and then I take a day off. Maybe I'll just make it lighter.

On a closing note, today is mine and my husbands 3 year wedding anniversary! We really aren't the anniversary celebrating type, so I won't have to worry about dinner out or anything. Although just in case, I've got activity pointsplus and all my weeklies left. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment